Easter Learning Project
Below are three activities to keep you busy over Easter... Remember to complete as much as you can as well as having a break. It's important you spend time with your family and enjoy all the lovely Easter things you have planned.
Create your own symbol to promote hope and positivity for the world! It's an important time for us all to stay happy and remember all the wonderful things in the world. You may have seen people making and sticking rainbow pictures in their windows. For your first project, we would like you to create your own symbol. Remember to send a picture of your design so that we can share with others; it might just brighten up their day!
Online Safety Task. Please download the Online Safety Task for your age and the Parent Help Sheet. It's important that during this time of online learning that you make sure you are safe and you remember all the important things you have been taught in school about how to stay safe online.
Create your own time capsule. Right now, we are in the middle of a hugely historical event that will be taught about in years to come. In the PDF below are some ideas you can use to remember this time. If you do not have access to a printer, you can use some of the pages in your books to copy the templates and recount this important event.
Some extra things going on over Easter and beyond...
- Joe Wicks- Daily PE sessions starting at 9am on his YouTube channel
- David Walliams- The author of books such as 'Gangsta Granny' and 'Mr Stink' is uploading a daily free audio book to his website for children to enjoy at worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses
- BBC Bitesize- Beginning Monday 20th April BBC Bitesize will publish daily online lessons for all ages at bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Various authors such as Oliver Jeffers, Seymour Simon and Grace Lin are also sharing stories on their YouTube channels or their social media pages
- Draw with Rob- Author and illustrator Rob Biddulph is posting a draw-along video every Tuesday and Thursday at 10am at DrawWithRob
- The Maths Factor- Daily Maths sessions from Carol Vorderman for children of all ages at themathsfactor.com. This website has now been made free due to the school closures across the UK
- 100 Things to do indoors- Shonette Bason-Wood is a happiness speaker and teacher. She has created an exciting list of '100 Things to do indoors' whilst staying safe at home. This list could be perfect when you find yourself running out of ideas when staying home over Easter. (see the file below)