P.E. & School Sport Funding
For all pupils leaving our school to be physically literate: to have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
We have worked hard to develop a PE programme which engages all pupils in a wide range of regular physical activity and incorporates sports and activities for individuals and small teams.
There are 5 key indicators where we plan to see improvement:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport