Starting school is a big step and we will do everything we can to make this transition as smooth as possible.
You will probably have lots of questions and under normal circumstances, we would invite you into school during the summer term to discuss arrangements and hold induction days giving children the opportunity to meet each other and the staff. Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, we are currently unable to offer these but we will contact you as soon as we receive guidance from the Government. Some of your questions may be answered using the information and links below but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for starting school:
- Do be positive - starting school is exciting and there will be lots of fun things to do
- Do be 'matter of fact'. Everybody goes to school and it means that you are now a big boy or girl!
- Talk to your child about starting school and give them plenty of time to get used to the idea
- Please do not use school as a threat if children misbehave!
- Try to get your child into a routine for getting up and ready in plenty of time in the morning. Children do not like to be late and a stressful start to the day is not the best for children or parents
- Teach your child to ask for the toilet and ensure they can manage their own personal hygiene:
- It is normal to be a bit apprehensive about your child starting school but please, if you do have a niggling worry, no matter how silly you may think it sounds, let us know!
Click on the links below for some activities to get your child ready for school:
If you have a child starting at any other time, please contact the office regarding visits
When children leave Netherseal at the end of Year 6, they will usually go to one of the local secondary schools. As part of the transition arrangements, we work closely with the secondary schools to provide children with the opportunities they need in order to feel as ready as possible to begin their next adventure!