Please be aware of the updated guidance on self-isolation:
"If staff or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they should be sent home."
"...if you have symptoms of Coronavirus infection (COVID-19), stay at home and self-isolate with your family for 14 days."
ESSENTIAL WORKERS: (Please click here for Essential Workers advice)
To lower the risk of infection for everyone, it is crucial that schools remain safe places for children and the fewer the children in theses settings, the lower the risk. Schools have been instructed to stay open ONLY for those children who absolutely need to attend. Any children who can be cared for by an older sibling, partner, step-parent or any other appropriate adult who is not deemed as vulnerable themselves SHOULD STAY AT HOME.
For those who are now accessing onsite education for essential workers, please be aware that the following precautions/measures must be taken:
- Clothes need to be worn which are fresh on - we recommend they are washed daily after returning home to minimise the spread of infection
- If you become unwell, you must contact St. Georges (01283 217199) immediately and arrange the collection of your child
- School must be informed if you no longer fall within the critical worker list, have been instructed to self-isolate or no longer feel you require onsite education
- Thorough hand washing to take place JUST BEFORE leaving home
Whilst onsite, staff are following Government guidelines:
- As far as possible, we are implementing social distancing by asking parents/carers, suppliers, visitors etc not to visit the site unless essential and not at all if they are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus
- Children are arriving and leaving in small numbers
- Class sizes are extremely low and the number of teaching staff is being kept as small as possible, whilst retaining a safe staff:pupil ratio
- All staff and pupils wash their hands regularly and are encouraged not to touch their face and to cough or sneeze into a tissue (then bin it) or if necessary, into their elbows. They are then instructed to wash their hands with sanitiser
- Desks and other surfaces are cleaned frequently
Please click links below: